Thursday, September 19, 2013

Reverse glass painting!

I wanted to have a try at reverse glass painting but  I had no idea how to do it. After some searching on the Internet I realized it is achieveble .  List of things needed.
- Glass frame
- Silver glitter paper
- Black glass outliner tube
- Acrylic paints
- An outline of the picture you want to frame ( My pictiure was that of  lord ganesha )
I flipped a picture of lord ganesha on the Internet (mirror image) , scaled it to the size of the glass frame and took a printout of it.
I placed the printout behind the correct side of the frame and started painting the lord in layers (the outline first and then the background colors). Finally I placed the silver glitter paper to complete my painting. Here's a picture of my first attempt.


1 comment: